If you’re looking for something out of this world for a faery or otherwise fantastic doll, try making shoes from embroidery thread. You’ll need a sewing machine with a free motion embroidery foot, a hoop, water soluble stabilizer, and of course, thread!
1. Prepare Hoop some water soluble stabilizer.
2. Attach a free motion embroidery (FME) foot to your sewing machine
3. Choose two or three different types of thread
4. FME all over the hooped stabilizer until you have a “fabric”
5. Immerse the “fabric” into water
6. Let it dry
7. Make shoes! (cut out a sole and sew that on, then add the “sides” by pinning and hand sewing the “fabric” onto the foot and sole)
I hope you will try this technique. Have a dollightful day!